iPhone App viewing?

Questions, suggestions & site announcements.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

iPhone App viewing?

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a good way to view Sliplive via App and not browser. I've quickly tried TouchBB Lite and Forum Reader Free. Neither would connect to area216.net/sliplive. Any info?
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Re: iPhone App viewing?

I think I need to do something on the board end for those to work. I just looked into it a bit and it seems some of these things require modules to be installed in phpBB and possibly mods to the theme.

Two pay apps look kind of interesting - Tapatalk and Forumrunner. Tapatalk seems a bit higher rated. The 2 Free ones get pretty poor ratings. Tapatalk and Forumrunner also have Android apps.

I could pursue this a bit further... anyone else interested in this kind of thing?
gbrignoli
Cumulus

i would use it!
_g
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

The board is fine in a browser. I wouldn't jump through any hoops if it were me... ;)
booher
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

I'm not a tablet user, but I'd see myself just using the browser to use this board. Then again, I'm not as savvy with tablets, so what do I know :lol:
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

There's also the possibility that we could get some more traffic if we went with one of these mobile app board reader services. It could be good to get a few new faces around here... I need to upgrade the board anyway, may go for it at that point.